WP Coming Soon Plugin allows you to set up a high converting coming soon or launch page for your WordPress blog.
How It Works
When someone views your website they will see a coming soon page while a logged-in user (example: the administrator) can continue to work on it behind the scenes.
WP Coming Soon Plugin Features
- Flexible and works with any WordPress theme
- Capture leads and automatically add them to your AWeber email list. You can send an email broadcast to this list when you site is up.
- Capture leads and automatically add them to your MailChimp email list.
- Prevent normal visitors from viewing your website (they will only see the coming soon page)
- Build more twitter followers by directing visitors to your twitter page
- Easily customize the look and feel of the launch page (enter simple text or HTML)
- Customizable CSS
WP Coming Soon Plugin Installation
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress admin area
- Click the upload tab
- Browse for the plugin file (.zip) on your computer
- Click Install Now and then activate the plugin
WP Coming Soon Plugin Setup
When you activate plugin there are some settings that you need configure to customize the content for your coming soon or launch page.
You can access the plugin settings by navigating through Settings->Site Offline Mode from your WordPress admin dashboard.
The General Settings page is where you can enable the “maintenance mode” which prevents normal users from viewing your actual site content and instead they see a coming soon page.
You can easily customize the CSS and content of the coming soon page in the text area.
In the Coming Soon tab there are some useful options which allow you to customize the page title, heading and content (by overriding the ones in the previous tab). You can also specify a twitter username which will be displayed on the coming soon page linking back to your twitter page.
The Settings tab allows you to configure your autoresponder service. If you choose to use this option the plugin will automatically add every visitor (who has submitted their email address on the coming soon page) to your email list. This is a good way capture leads before your site goes live.
WP Coming Soon Plugin Demo
Users visiting your website will see a coming soon page