This addon plugin allows you to easily add the PayPal Pro payment gateway checkout to WooCommerce.
Install and activate the plugin then enter your PayPal Pro API details in the settings and you will be ready to accept credit card on your site.
How The Checkout Works
The following video demonstrates how the credit card checkout works with this extension.
Installing the PayPal Pro Extension
Do the following to install the extension:
- Upload the ‘woocommerce-paypal-pro.zip’ file from the Plugins -> Add New page in the WordPress administration panel.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Configuring the Settings
After you activate the extension, you need to configure some details. Go to the following settings area and enter your PayPal Pro API details:
WooCommerce Settings -> Checkout -> PayPal-Pro
Getting Your PayPal Pro API Credentials
PayPal frequently makes changes to their interface. So the following steps may not match 100% according to the interface you see in your PayPal account right now. However, the general guideline will still be helpful for you to retrieve your PayPal Pro API details.
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Hover over the gear icon and select Account Settings.
- Go to the Account Access section and select Update next to API Access.
- Find the NVP/SOAP API Integration (Classic) and select Manage API credentials.
- Select Show next to API Username, API Password, and Signature.
- If you have never activated this API, then you may need to request permission for the API first. Select the “Request an API signature” option and submit.
- Once you can see the API Details, copy and paste the details into the fields under WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > PayPal-Pro.
Credit Card Checkout
Your customers will now be able to select “credit card” payment option from WooCommerce checkout page. Your customers won’t have to leave the site to do the transaction.
After the transaction is complete, the customers will be redirected to the order received page. Below is an example of the order received page: