Amazon FPS is a WordPress plugin which allows you to accept payments using Amazon Flexible Payments Service.
In order to sell products from your website you will need to finish the following steps:
- Installing the plugin
- Retrieving Amazon API credentials
- Setting up payment notification URL
- Configuring plugin options
- Inserting shortcodes to create Buy buttons
1) Download the plugin
2) Go to Plugins->Add New from your WP dashboard
3) Click Upload Plugin
4) Select the “amazon-fps.zip” file on your computer and upload it
5) Install and activate the plugin
How to Retrieve Your Amazon API Credentials
1) Login to your Amazon Web Services (AWS) account.
2) Click Security Credentials once you are logged in.
3) Click Access Keys.
Click Create New Access Key (if you don’t have one already).
Your keys will look something like this:
Access key ID example:
Secret access key example:
Click Download Credentials, and store the keys in a secure location.
Your secret key will no longer be available through the AWS Management Console (you will have the only copy). Please keep it confidential in order to protect your account.
Setting up Payment Notification URL
1) Login to your Amazon FPS merchant account.
2) Click Edit My Account Settings.
3) Click Manage Developer and Seller Preferences.
4) Specify a notification URL (This is where the payment gateway will sent notification of a new payment). Make sure to add ?step=ipn parameter to your notification page URL for this to work. You can also use your checkout page URL as the payment notification URL (the plugin automatically creates this page for you). For example:
1) Navigate to the settings menu of the plugin (Settings->Amazon FPS for Digital Goods).
2) Enter your AWS access key and secret access key.
3) Click Save Changes to update the settings.
Creating a Buy Buton
Enter the following shortcode to create a Buy button
[amazonfps name="test Ebook" price="1.99" url="http://example.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/test.pdf"]
Once your users click on the button they will be redirected to the payment page.