WordPress Video SEO is a video sitemap plugin for WordPress. It allows you to optimize your videos for the search engines.
WordPress Video SEO Plugin Features
- Generate a video sitemap for your YouTube videos
- Allow search engines to index your videos
- Allow search engines to display your videos along with the post/page content
How WordPress Video SEO Plugin Improves Your Search Engine Ranking
If you regularly publish posts with videos in it, you have probably seen by now that most of your videos don’t even show up in the search results. It can be frustrating for you since you spent so much time just to produce a video. Sometimes the videos do show up but as general “video results”. But that’s not what you want. You want the videos to be part of the post/page content and display it in the search results accordingly. Well, WordPress Video SEO plugin will help you with that.
It will make it easy for the search engine bot to crawl through your videos and index them like normal post/page content. In fact you get the following benefits:
- Search engines will show more interest in your post/page since there are videos embedded in it (obviously the videos need to be related to the content)
- When your post/page ranks in the search results there will also be a video thumbnail with it showing users that the post/page contains a video. It makes users feel more confident by giving you a higher click rate.
WordPress Video SEO Plugin Installation
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress admin area
- Click the upload tab
- Browse for the plugin file (wp-video-seo.zip)
- Click Install Now and then activate the plugin
WordPress Video SEO Plugin Usage
Step 1: Go to the Settings menu of the WordPress Video SEO plugin.
Step 2: Generate a video sitemap for your site.
The sitemap (sitemap-video.xml) is generated in the root directory of your site. You just need to generate it once. If you make any changes to your existing post/page video content the sitemap will be automatically updated.